Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Bridal Shower for my Sister



Last Saturday my Mom, Sister, and I threw my baby Sister a Bridal Shower!!! It was exciting to celebrate my Sister and her union and also to host my 1st Shower at my house.



I decided to go with Black & White decor since the Brides dress is usually white and the Groom usually wears black.



To keep it simple but nice we decided to go with Salads for our main food options.
Fruit Salad




Apple & Walnut Green Salad
Brocoli Salad


Tortellini



Veggie & Dips

Wings and Biscuits


Centerpieces were roses from my garden in a lace wrapped mason jar.



For my last 2 parties and this shower I have been enjoying placing dollar store table cloths on the ceiling. I really put my husband to work because he was the one who placed all the decorations up I just directed since I am still having neck pain here and there.

My husband also place this balloons on ceiling after I placed pictures of the bride and groom on them.


The Bride loved it!



Tissue Pom Poms are so fun and easy so I decided to decorate my whole living room with them.


This bridal dress made out of homemade cupcakes also turned out just how envisioned it!

The ladies also thought they were delicious! We made 50 cupcakes for only $10!


My Mom made peacock fans for the shower favors. They turned out so cute and I was quite impressed. The wedding reception them is peacock, so how cute!


For drinks my older Sis made some fruit water out of mint, strawberry, and oranges. We also offered lemonade, limeade, strawberry rita's, and limaritas.


After everyone had something to drink and eat we headed to the deck to play 4 Bridal games.


This game was called the Bridal Dress game:
I gave all the ladies a paper plate to write their names on the back of it. I then instructed them to draw a bridal dress on the top of their head without looking & in 2 minutes.


It was quite funny to see all the dress designs.



I then laid all the dresses out for display after the 2 minutes.

My Sis then picked the dress she would wear to her wedding and thats how the winner was picked.


After all 4 games we went in the house to enjoy the yummy cupcakes and open the gifts!


We all enjoyed seeing the bride open wedding items, 


gift cards,


and of course intimate items!


Last but not least we headed to the front yard for pics,


pics,


and more pics!


This picture is a pic of 2 of my Mom sisters, my mom, my sisters, and 2 cousins!


My Sister cried after opening her gifts because she was overwhelmed by all the love and effort my Mom, Sis, and I put into the shower!


Not only was my Sis satisfied with her Bridal shower but so were the hostessess with the mostessess!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your black and white decorations for your sister's shower! Another good job on your blog too.
Donna