Friday, May 17, 2013

Bee Themed Party!!!

I'm back!!! I have not blogged in 3 months. I only blog on my commute while riding the BART to work. 3 months ago I got in car accident, that I walked away from. The car accident left me with a neck and back injury. I have been off of work since the accident trying to recover. I just went back to work last week, so now I am back to blogging !!

Last week we also threw our daughter a party for her second birthday!


This Lil 2 year old is one the biggest blessings in my life!!!! I can't believe I just said 2 year old!? I still remember the day when my baby girl entered this world. Our life has not been the same since. I love her so much, despite her(& her older brother)keeping me so busy. She has been a sweet busy Bee from day 1!



This is why I chose a Bee theme for her 2nd party!


Decorations were so easy and fun once I was for sure about the Bee theme!




Over the last couple months whenever I was at the Dollar Store or Target Dollar Spot I made it a point to shop for the Bee Party!


I picked up yellow balloons, table cloths, and anything Bee related.


The only other spot I shopped was Amazon. I got a Bee piñata, the tissue hanging Bees, and Bee Candy to put on cupcakes and the cake!


This was the 1st party I did a brunch! The party turned out to be so easy and the food was so sweet!


Menu:
French Toast
Bacon
Fruit
Cereals( Honeycombs and Cheerios)
Yogurt Bar
Milk
Coffee
Orange juice
Mimosa's(for the adults)
It was also easy because my MIL and FIL cooked the bacon & french toast.


I made the "honey" banner a couple weeks before the party. The yellow streamer banner was just yellow table cloths (dollar store)cut up. It was so cheap and easy.



Tissue Pom poms were also so easy and tissue paper came also from the Dollar Store.


I made this sign also from yellow (Dollar Store) table cloths and construction paper. The paper Bees were from Amazon.


The Centerpieces were Lil bee bags from the Dollar Spot at Target. I cut some Roses from my garden and placed them into jars before placing them into the Bee bags.


Bee magnifiers were also from the Dollar Spot at Target and staggered around the tables.


The Busy Bee's Grandparents rented a Jumpy House for her & her lil Birthday guest!


The kids loved it!


Some adults did too!


It was so fun seeing all the Lil people run around our backyard!


This was also our first birthday party held at our new house!!!!



Everyone enjoyed each other & the Busy Bee!!!


The food was great!!!








Our guest were awesome!!!





The weather was perfect!!!!





The Busy Bee was in good spirits the majority of the time!!!





The activities included:


Musical chairs,





making Bees from little handprints,





And of course


Piñata hitting!!!!!








My favorite time is always cake time!!!


I love singing happy birthday


and so did everyone else!!!


The Busy Bee needed a little assistance blowing out her candles!!!


Present Time was also sweet as we opened all the Bee's


gifts in the shade under one of our trees!











Her favorite gift was from her great Aunt & Uncle!!!





What a memorable and lovely day!!! Our Sweet Honey is 2!!!
(Please follow me on the left with Google Connect or via email to keep connected with future creations!!!)

Linking up with:


Linking up with: Saturday: bedifferentactnormal, Sunday:   thegirlcreative  SundaysBest thesoutherninstitute   sweettalksunday
Monday: Ourdelightfulhome         Wednesday:  The Shady Porch Whimsy Wednesday  36th Avenue  Thursday: DelightfulOrder,   Friday: SixsistersStuff, MyRomanticHome,
AnythingGoesLinky

<

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww just too CUTE !!
new follower from sunday blog hop .
would love if youd come follow me too?
hugs xo
http://sproutingcreativewings.blogspot.com

Judy said...

What a great party you planned for you baby girl. Love how you decorated. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

YES you are back and I LOVED your Blog about Miss Busy-Bee! Great job Nique!👏
Donna

Danielle said...

Oh, what I sweet party!!! I love your daughters dress and all the festive party decorations. So glad you're feeling better after the accident. Thanks for linking up to Silver Pennies Sundays.

Rita said...

Such a cute and fun looking party! If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-linky-party-9.html

Laura said...

This party idea is soo cute! (Plus your little girl is adorable.)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to blogging! I am glad you've recovered from your injuries. The party looks like a HUGE success! I really like the Bee-theme. Thanks for sharing at the Shady Porch Rock 'N Share! Hope to see you again soon! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch