Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Word for the New Year & a Year of Pictures


Last year my word of the year was consistency.
I enjoyed always having that word in the back of my head
to push me to be consistent in every area of my life.
This year my word of the year will be gratitude.
Gratitude: The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.


This year as I inhale blessings I want to exhale gratitude.
I want to be grateful for what I have.
I believe gratitude makes life sweeter.
Comparing kills joy.
I will make a choice to not look at what everybody else has around me, but focus on what the Lord has given me.
If I look at what I have in this life, I'll always have more.


If I look at what I don't have in life, I'll never have enough.
I want to come to a state of contentment.
I always thought that once we owned a home I would not want anymore.
I have come to realize that I will always want more.
But its just that, a want.
When I step back, I know I am blessed with everything that I need and more!!!
God has been so good to me, that I just can't tell it all.
I realize that gratitude and the mindfulness that goes with it, are developed skills.
Everyday I want to take time thank God and others for all that they bring to my life.
I also want to appreciate the little things in everyday life.
The things that typically pass me by because of business.
I want to be thankful for the material and non-material things in life.
I want to pause,
Observe,
To listen,
To be.
I know that transformation will happen as I develop a strong muscle of Gratitude.
I am excited to see myself more happier and resilient,
my relationships strengthened,
my health improved, and stressed reduced.
I know all this will come with an attitude and perspective of Gratitude !


"If the only prayer you say in your life is 'thank you,' that would suffice.-Miester Eckhart

1 comment: