Thursday, November 8, 2012

Picture Perfect Plates




I am a little obsessed with pictures! I wanted to hang some of my favorite photos in my kitchen. I did not want framed pictures. A light bulb came on for my desire. I came up with the idea of picture plates! The idea turned into reality last week!


What I used: Modge Podge
Scissors
Paint Brush
4 Glass Plates(from Dollar General)
4 Pictures printed from computer printer & on regular printer paper


1. I cleaned & dried plates
2. I uniformly cut all pictures to fit somewhat in the same area of all the plates
3. I applied 1 layer of Modge Podge on top of each picture(as they lay on plates)
4. I let them sit and dry for a hour.
5. I placed one more single layer of Modge Podge on pictures and again let them dry again for a hour.



I love the end products.


I plan on hanging them on the kitchen wall fairly close to my You Are My Sunshine sign.


I am trying to decide if I should just stick them to the wall or place them in plate hangers!?


I will keep you updated with my Picture Perfect Plates!!!

No comments: